« Home | Monopoly » | Epidemic of Fun » | Craig Monroe: He doesn't just steal bases » | Roid Rage, Part Two » | Roid Rage, Part One » | Shame on MLB » | Not Bad for a Guy with a 47-53 Career Record » | Brawl Fallout » | Back to Baseball » | Artesting My Patience » 

Tuesday, December 14, 2004 

Who's Your...Oh, You Know

I know how I feel about the Pedro deal, but what do our Mets fans think? The Mets still have fans, right?

As the lone Red Sox fan in the league, I have to say that I loved having Pedro on my team. He was and will remain one of my all time favorite players. That said, the Sox were really pushing it by going to a third year on their contract offer. In the end, I think this will be for the best for the Sox. It will work out even better if they can trade for Hudson now, but I guess that looks unlikely.

As for the Mets, well . . . if Pedro can work out the kinks of being a pitcher who doesn't throw the heat like he used to (maybe more in the Maddux mold), then they will only have moderately overpaid for him. There are way too many question marks for them to have guranteed four years at that salary though. I guess he could still fail the physical.

Just for the record I am a Red Sox fan too.

Post a Comment